Held In-house at your premises over 3 Days either as a block course, one day a week over 3-4 weeks, or three consecutive days - whatever best suits your staffs availability
This 3 day course with elements tailored to the Healthcare sector will enable delegates to fulfil their health and safety role, and provides the knowledge to review their health, safety and clinical systems, and reduce risks to their staff, patients / residents, as well as the organisation. The course is tailored to the policies of the organisation, so delegates can learn to use their risk assessment documentation. During the course many situations are discussed and experiences shared, which gives insight to improve safety management systems.
Who should attend
Directors, Managers, Supervisors, Clinicians, Team Leaders, Facilities and Estates managers and Trainers. Attendance by safety representatives is also recommended to promote close working relationships with their managers.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Recognise the importance of managing health and safety within a healthcare environment
• Describe the role of governance and statutory and mandatory bodies
• Understand individual health and safety responsibilities
• Describe health and safety law as it applies to their area
• Understand the possible consequences if risks are not controlled
• Carry out and record risk assessments using your organisation’s forms
• Recognise health and safety risks to staff/patients /residents, and set out strategies for risk reduction
• Carry out active and reactive monitoring and auditing
• Apply the principles of accident prevention, investigation and reporting
Modules Covered : Human Factors affecting safety • Accident and injury causes • Health and safety law • Communicating health and safety effectively • General approach • Common Hazards • Management of safety • Specialised Hazards
Course Tutor Our health and safety consultants are qualified and experienced professionals with an appropriate background in risk management. All consultants as a minimum hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
All of our IOSH training courses are delivered by our safety experts in a friendly relaxed yet informative learning environment
Certification At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a multi-format assessment and a short workplace based practical project. Understanding of the course material is evaluated by means of this 45-minute written assessment paper consisting of 20 multi-format questions and a practical assessment. Delegates must then complete their work-based project and return it to us within 14 days of the course end date. An IOSH ‘Managing safely’ certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
Download course information
Contact us for a written quotation based on your specific requirements
ADDITIONAL IOSH APPROVED COURSES INCLUDE:
• IOSH Directing Safely for Senior Managers, Directors and Executives* (1 Day) Details
• IOSH Working Safely/Safety Passport* (1 Day) Details
• IOSH Managing Safely (4 Days) Details
*training is carried out by IOSH licensed trainer Charles Urbaniak (CS Ltd)